Friday, February 19, 2010

Baby Shower Bouquet and Tutorial

Remember my Hugs and Kisses Baby Shower? Well, I thought I would share my gift/centerpiece for the gift table.
What mom-to-be doesn't love flowers? Especially ones that will benefit her baby and not wither away?!

I used baby socks, washcloths, and bibs for the roses.

Supplies: floral sticks (I couldn't find any without the wire attached and so I just wound the wire around the top of the stick), artificial rose leaves (I cut some off of some dollar store roses), floral tape, and desired colors of baby socks, washcloths, and bibs. I think the ones with the frilly/scalloped edges turn out the cutest.

Step 1:
Simply start a tight roll at the toe end of the sock (for the washcloths, fold lengthwise in half then in half again, then roll at an angle. Same with the bibs).

Continue to roll up.

Step 2:
Take the opening of the sock and fold it around the bottom of the rose.

Step 3:
Place floral stick in the base of the rose.

Step 4:
Holding firmly, tightly wrap the floral tape around the rose base and stick.

Step 5:
Wrap all the way down making sure it is secure so the rose won't unravel. Add a set of leaves and wrap more floral tape around them to hold in place.

Arrange them all in a container/vase of your choice. I chose this one to match the hugs and kisses theme(found in dollar section at Target). I then added some little artificial flowers to fill in the gaps.
I also found this cute headband and clip set that matched the colors so I added them on as part of the gift. Super easy and super cute.
We are linking up to Kimbas DIY party!

20 comments:

Jamee said...

AWESOME i think i will go get knocked up again so maybe i can get one of these- well maybe not but will definitly have to make this for the next baby shower i attend!! beautiful!

Jeanette said...

That is too cute. I am giving a baby shower in July, I will have to keep this in mind!

southerninspiration said...

Adorable!!!! Such a great idea!

Suzanne

fleurcottage said...

what a fabulous idea...love, love it!

TLF said...

Total cuteness!
Loves it!

Tif said...

Adorable!!

Julie said...

This turned out great!! I love the idea of making it into a bouquet

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

That centerpiece is just too adorable. I love that idea!!! Thanks for showing me how to do it! My friend is due in a few months, I am going to make her one!

Hope you are having a wonderful week Sariah!

XOXO
Jen

Morgan said...

Your sock bouquet turned out gorgeous! What a great tutorial! I'm going to link to you.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

This is so cute! Thanks so much for the how-to, I'll be linking.

SnoWhite said...

that is too cute! thanks for the great idea.

3XMom said...

ADORABLE! Can't wait to do this! Thanks

Heidi said...

Amazing! I love it! I love the red and pink. What a fabulous idea!!

Cherish @ My Cup of Tea said...

Love this idea!!!

Hey, so I completely made over my blog. You should take a second look!! Thanks!
www.cherishscupoftea.blogspot.com
((Don't forget to follow))
{{I'm already a follower of yours}}

Unknown said...

What great baby gifts these will make! I'm so glad I found this blog. Thanks for the wonderful idea! =)

Jacinda said...

I had a go and they turned out great! I'm so stoked. Thanks so much for the tutorial and inspiration.

http://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=669980#post669980

Hani said...

Hi.. love your sock turned into flower tutorial.. glad I found you sisters.. :-)
I am following you ride away.. I would love to hear from you if you are interested in being spotlighted on my blog for this tutorial write to me with your tutorial and introduction at craftionary@gmail.com

Happy crafting :)
love
Hani
http://craftionary.blogspot.com

Southern Junk Chic said...

This is oh so cute!! I am going to make one - but for a boy. I hope I can find equally "cute" items to roll and use as a basket. Wonderful idea, thanks for sharing the tutorial! Jenn

Nikki.Carey said...

I tried out this little project and I LOVED it. It did some time but that's b/c I'm a profectionist. The mother that recieved this, LOVED LOVED LOVED it!Thanks for this awesome tutorial. I will no doubt make this again.

San Francisco Bay Knits said...

It is fun to make the mom-to-be a corsage out of baby sock roses. Thanks for the detailed instructions!!
Leslie
WWW.SFBayKnits.com